Monday, February 06, 2006

Potpourri is Evil, but here's some anyway

...some random observations:

1) why is it that whenever Hubby decides to "upgrade" or "down load something onto" my computer IT STOPS WORKING CORRECTLY?! Hubby swears I'm crazy, but I swear it's true. 99.9% of the time the upgrade or download involves something I never encounter or never noticed I was living miserably without. My first clue that the "Addition" has been made is the moment my computer freezes up and refuses to respond to any amount of high-pressure key-combination-pounding. It is then that I turn the thing off and turn to Hubby and say in my horrible I-Hate-You-Right-Now voice "Have you been on my computer?!"
I don't blame you for rolling your eyes, hubby, but I swear on all that is holy that my computer and I get along just fine until you get between us.

2) It is my first day off today since last Monday, and I will be spending it doing all the dishes we have dirtied since last Monday.

3) Monkey now knows that Two and Three come after One. So if I start with "One," she goes "Too, Teee, Too, Teee, Too, TEEE! I had noticed this several weeks ago but Hubby just caught it yesterday- oops, I guess I forgot to tell him.

4) I have officially joined the ranks of all the Mothers in the world who have something to get done and praise God for PBS's Children's Programming. Sometimes having a couch potato for a child is a blessing.

5) I Love being a Stay-at-home Mom. This working mom thing is for the Birds. I've been working part-time since january 2nd, and I'm anxious for Wednesday, when I'm back to being a mostly-stay-at-home mom. I realize I'm lucky to have the choice, and I have no end of admiration for all the moms who work full-time outside the home and full-time at home too. I think Hubby is also anxious for Wednesday when the dishes will begin to get washed regularly again.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for doing the dishes!

2/09/2006 4:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home