Monday, February 27, 2006

Vacation day 2= fate is against me

*yawns and stretches*

Day two of my mommy-vacation started off well.
-Woke up at 9am, started coffee and took a long, hot shower.
-Leisurely drank coffee as I beautified for the day. Decided to go with a smoky eye look that takes longer than 15 minutes to complete.
-Had a sausage egg and cheese croissant (from the freezer, but I luv 'em) for breakfast.
- Figured I should do the dishes and scoop the kitty litter, so that no work would be involved when I got home from my day's outing.
- checked movie times and wrote a couple down, just in case.

The plan for the day was to go hang at Borders for much longer than any toddler could stand, do a little shopping for my friend's wedding shower next weekend, and maybe catch a movie after dinner. I arrived at my preferred Borders location to find that the cafe was being renovated- which was a major bummer since without the cafe functioning, I could not feed my now growling tummy. Decided to check out Barnes N' Noble... As I approached, I noticed their parking lot was jammed with the cars of those earlier-risers who had the same alternate plan I did, so I went a little further to Panera- same parking lot scenario, so decided on Starbucks. Starbucks was nice and empty with a cushy chair open just for me, so I settled in with a latte and a scone to read my book. The last quarter of my book turns out to be something of a tearjerker, so I decide to save it for home where I can blubber uncontrollably if need be.

Before I left home, I had looked online at the gift-registries of my friend, and decided that perhaps hubby wants a say in what we get her, since this will likely be the only gift we can afford after my buying the bridesmaids dress, shoes, alteration costs, etc. so the shopping is cut from the schedule, and I notice that it's ten minutes 'till the start-time of one of the movies I wanted to see (the frugal-mom in me has decided that the same movie for more money in the evening is ridiculous, so a matinee must be chosen) and I took off like a flash to try to make the movie time. Arriving at the theater ten minutes late, I ask how long the previews run and am told that since this particular movie is longer, there's only five minutes of previews, and I have missed the first five minutes of the movie. Now, I am one of those people who hates getting to a movie even during the previews- I prefer to sit in the theater and watch at least ten minutes of those stupid ads and trivia questions before the previews start- to me the previews are just as much of a draw as the movie itself, so five minutes missed of the feature presentation is unacceptable, and I walk away. I find myself driving back to my quiet house about four hours before I'd planned, and spent the rest of the day watching the tube and trying not to eat myself into a bigger pant-size.

This single life wasn't all its cracked up to be- thank goodness I found re-runs of Project Runway on for a couple of hours, at least.

1 Comments:

Blogger The Witty One said...

Dude, I'm likin' your grass. Very green right now. Read my post above.

2/28/2006 10:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home