Thursday, October 06, 2005

Pizza For Everyone!

Hoo-ray for Pizza Night!
Oh yes, it's Thursday, so it's Pizza Night!
Maybe the only dish everyone here likes:
Mom, Dad and BOTH tykes.
Thank God for Pizza Night!

(You may sing this to the tune of "Hooray for Hollywood" if doing so doesn't make you want to hurt yourself. Can you tell I'm ecstatic that I don't have to cook tonight? I mean, I'm makin' up dang SONGS, for cryin' out loud.)

Yes, Korea has Domino's (and Pizza Hut, and Papa John's, to be fair) and Domino's delivers. Although I'm not sure the ordering thing works in English, which is a big reason it's so handy that I speak Korean. Because I don't know what I'd do if I couldn't order a pizza for my helpless, western-food-starved, foreign self (uh, family, I meant 'helpless, etc., foreign FAMILY'). Plus, Domino's here seems to send with every delivery a coupon for a free 1.25L Coca-Cola with your next order of a large pizza. And I am definitely a Coca-Cola girl. No Pepsi, thank you (and YES, I can tell in a blind taste test, thankyouverymuch: Pepsi is nas-tay).

Anyway, the Irreverent One may notice certain similarities in this practice to a tradition in our childhood home, namely Friday night Pizza Night (I'm SO original). Somehow in our house it migrated to Thursday, and I don't have the willpower to move it back to Friday; it's like an early start to the weekend. Gotta go now, pizza's here!

1 Comments:

Blogger Karen said...

What a small world we live in. Hello from Wisconsin!

Michele sent me.....

10/06/2005 5:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home